#angband-dev Meeting

Meeting started by d_m at 15:35:27 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. https://github.com/angband/angband/blob/master/changes.txt (magnate, 15:37:38)

  1. plans for 3.4, release date, manager, etc (d_m, 15:40:03)
    1. http://trac.rephial.org/wiki/ReleaseChecklist comes in handy (magnate, 15:48:43)
    2. AGREED: (d_m, 15:50:06)
    3. AGREED: fizzix will be the 3.4 release manager, with help from magnate and d_m (d_m, 15:50:48)
    4. IDEA: after checking out 3.4 (and talking with others) fizzix should write an email/wiki page about what needs to be done to get 3.4 in good shape to be released (d_m, 15:53:09)
    5. http://plastic-idolatry.com/angband/mtg/2012-03-31.log.txt (d_m, 15:54:49)
    6. ACTION: in 2-3 weeks, fizzix will playtest and update the "goals for 3.4" page (d_m, 15:55:06)
    7. ACTION: myshkin will document the status of the carbon and cocoa ports for fizzix (d_m, 15:55:56)
    8. ACTION: fizzix will take care of docs in lib/help (d_m, 15:57:51)
    9. ACTION: d_m will help with RST help files (d_m, 16:00:30)
    10. http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1098 - Title: #1098 (make 'distclean' cleans too much, 'clean' too little) – Angband (WinterFortune, 16:03:09)
    11. IDEA: let's talk about 3.4 via email (possibly requiring us to setup/update an angban-dev mail list) (d_m, 16:04:13)
    12. http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1377 - Title: #1377 (Copyright notices are inconsistent.) – Angband (WinterFortune, 16:08:18)
    13. ACTION: d_m will set up angband-dev email list (d_m, 16:09:08)
    14. ACTION: everyone to email d_m@plastic-idolatry.com from their preferred email address (takkaria, 16:11:04)
    15. ACTION: d_m will try to improve whitespace/coding guidelines (d_m, 16:11:08)
    16. http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1474 - Title: #1474 (Keymaps should be able to clear -more- prompts) – Angband (WinterFortune, 16:12:15)
    17. aiming for late may 3.4 release (d_m, 16:13:20)

  2. UI improvements and variant support (d_m, 16:14:16)
    1. ACTION: myshkin will check for memory leaks with valgrind before release (myshkin, 16:14:16)
    2. ACTION: magnate to write ReleaseManager wiki page (magnate, 16:15:17)
    3. http://trac.rephial.org/wiki/AngbandBase is more of a variant maintainer;s guide (nck_m, 16:16:50)
    4. core-ui split will be in v post-3.4 (d_m, 16:30:11)
    5. v4 is for gameplay changes primarily (d_m, 16:30:25)

  3. Build system, platforms, IDEs, tigers, oh my! (d_m, 16:31:28)
    1. ppc is not supported (d_m, 16:33:55)
    2. ACTION: myshkin will look into pmake/bsd buildbot support (d_m, 16:39:51)
    3. ACTION: Blubaron will look into doing a clean-room graphics implementation for X11 (d_m, 16:40:22)
    4. IDEA: we should try to make cocoa a bit friendlier (d_m, 16:41:11)
    5. AGREED: drop gtk (d_m, 16:41:38)
    6. ACTION: magnate to put eclipse project files in utils/ (magnate, 16:52:00)
    7. ACTION: magnate to put eclipse project files in src/projects/ (magnate, 16:55:02)
    8. ACTION: myshkin will figure out where to put project files (d_m, 16:57:33)

  4. v4: roadmap and such (d_m, 16:58:02)
    1. ACTION: magnate to fix damage display as soon as archery is ready (magnate, 17:03:12)
    2. http://trac.rephial.org/roadmap (magnate, 17:03:52)
    3. http://trac.rephial.org/roadmap (d_m, 17:04:10)
    4. http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/1476 - Title: #1476 (Improve stats collection for items) – Angband (WinterFortune, 17:09:34)
    5. ACTION: everyone planning to commit to v4 will check/update the roadmap (d_m, 17:10:53)
    6. http://trac.rephial.org/roadmap (d_m, 17:11:27)
    7. http://trac.rephial.org/roadmap (magnate, 17:11:35)
    8. the v4 roadmap is the 4.0 section of http://trac.rephial.org/roadmap (d_m, 17:11:38)
    9. IDEA: It would be helpful if we could each have a set of bullets headed "my plans" for the roadmap (magnate, 17:12:27)

  5. doxygen and documentation (d_m, 17:16:46)
    1. for now, we are not striving for full param-level doxygen annotation (d_m, 17:21:21)
    2. we *are* striving for every function having a summary, and a description where appropriate (d_m, 17:21:38)
    3. formatting should still be of hte form "/**\n * summary\n..." though (d_m, 17:22:14)
    4. ACTION: magnate to update v4 help with warning (magnate, 17:27:28)
    5. ACTION: gabe may write spoilers for 3.4 (d_m, 17:32:34)
    6. http://www.juti.nl/hugo/Angband/Spoiler/ (magnate, 17:33:46)

  6. porting commits from v to v4 (d_m, 17:38:16)
    1. Do not fix whitespace and indents when fixing merge conflicts - do them as separate commits (because they screw up future merges) (magnate, 17:45:41)
    2. Please separate V pullreqs into those which are for v4 as well and those which aren't (e.g. UI for both, V egos for V only) (magnate, 17:46:42)
    3. Try not to cherry-pick from V to v4 (but the other way is ok) (magnate, 17:47:19)
    4. d_m is a great chairperson (magnate, 17:47:42)
    5. http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPermissions indicates that MILESTONE_ADMIN is just a shortcut for all the other MILESTONE_* permissions. (myshkin, 17:56:33)


Meeting ended at 18:04:14 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. in 2-3 weeks, fizzix will playtest and update the "goals for 3.4" page
  2. myshkin will document the status of the carbon and cocoa ports for fizzix
  3. fizzix will take care of docs in lib/help
  4. d_m will help with RST help files
  5. d_m will set up angband-dev email list
  6. everyone to email d_m@plastic-idolatry.com from their preferred email address
  7. d_m will try to improve whitespace/coding guidelines
  8. myshkin will check for memory leaks with valgrind before release
  9. magnate to write ReleaseManager wiki page
  10. myshkin will look into pmake/bsd buildbot support
  11. Blubaron will look into doing a clean-room graphics implementation for X11
  12. magnate to put eclipse project files in utils/
  13. magnate to put eclipse project files in src/projects/
  14. myshkin will figure out where to put project files
  15. magnate to fix damage display as soon as archery is ready
  16. everyone planning to commit to v4 will check/update the roadmap
  17. magnate to update v4 help with warning
  18. gabe may write spoilers for 3.4


Action items, by person

  1. Blubaron
    1. Blubaron will look into doing a clean-room graphics implementation for X11
  2. d_m
    1. d_m will help with RST help files
    2. d_m will set up angband-dev email list
    3. everyone to email d_m@plastic-idolatry.com from their preferred email address
    4. d_m will try to improve whitespace/coding guidelines
  3. fizzix
    1. in 2-3 weeks, fizzix will playtest and update the "goals for 3.4" page
    2. myshkin will document the status of the carbon and cocoa ports for fizzix
    3. fizzix will take care of docs in lib/help
  4. magnate
    1. magnate to write ReleaseManager wiki page
    2. magnate to put eclipse project files in utils/
    3. magnate to put eclipse project files in src/projects/
    4. magnate to fix damage display as soon as archery is ready
    5. magnate to update v4 help with warning
  5. myshkin
    1. myshkin will document the status of the carbon and cocoa ports for fizzix
    2. myshkin will check for memory leaks with valgrind before release
    3. myshkin will look into pmake/bsd buildbot support
    4. myshkin will figure out where to put project files
  6. UNASSIGNED
    1. everyone planning to commit to v4 will check/update the roadmap
    2. gabe may write spoilers for 3.4


People present (lines said)

  1. magnate (274)
  2. d_m (242)
  3. myshkin (99)
  4. CunningGabe (59)
  5. nck_m (44)
  6. fizzix (42)
  7. Derakon (41)
  8. takkaria (31)
  9. Aerdan (21)
  10. Blubaron (16)
  11. WinterFortune (4)
  12. palantir (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.